Monday, September 14, 2009

Three days of sneaky food

IMG_1242

Dr Food has gone to a seminar in New Jersey so I get to eat stuff that he wouldn't want for three days. What did I make tonight? I perused my Donna Hay cookbooks and came up with Spicy Sausage and Spinach Pasta. I used to cook out of her books all the time when I lived by myself. She has simple yet amazingly satisfying recipes.

IMG_1244

Spicy Sausage and Spinach Pasta
Donna Hay Magazine Issue #29

14oz Penne Pasta
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 small brown onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced (or any sausage)
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 1/2 oz baby spinach leaves
1 cup black olives
sea salt and cracked black pepper

Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain.

While the pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick fying pan over high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic and chorizo and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is caramelized. Add the stock and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the spicnach, olives, salt, pepper and pasta and stir until the spinach is wilted. Serves 4.

4 comments :

  1. I'm not sure why dr.food wouldn't want eat this. It looks really good:)

    Tana from CheapAppetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you eat great on your own - those are usually the meals I don't photograph because they're a little too random to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you eat great on your own - those are usually the meals I don't photograph because they're a little too random to share :)

    ReplyDelete